I was delighted to be invited to speak at the headquarters of the Psychological Society of Ireland next month. I’ll be running an evening session on the principles of Acceptance and Commitment Coaching (coaching based on the principles of ACT) and how to incorporate it into your coaching practice.
So if you’re a Dublin-based psychologist, coach or aspiring coach, check out the details here and join us on March 11th.
I’ll be covering the following:
- The relevance of ACT to workplace coaching
- A summary of the evidence base for ACT-based coaching
- The core principles of ACT in coaching contexts
- An understanding of how ACT differs from second-wave cognitive-behavioural approaches
- An understanding of how the ACT processes are mutually supporting and how they impact coachees’ self-awareness and behaviour
- A set of images/metaphors to facilitate the description of each of the six ACT processes